M. Bruce Scott
- Family Law
- Business Organizations
- Estate Planning
- Litigation and Appeals
- Civil and Domestic Mediator
M. Bruce Scott is a partner at Scott & Alpin LLC. He received his B.A. from Wabash College in 1985 and received his J.D. from Valparaiso University School of Law in 1988. He has been a member of the Indiana State Bar Association since 1988 and is a member of the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Jurisdictions of Indiana.
Mr. Scott is a registered Civil and Domestic Mediator.
Mr. Scott served as General Counsel for the Adams County Department of Family and Children Services from 1997 to 2004 and was the Chairman of the Juvenile Law Committee of the Family Law Section of the Indiana State Bar Association. He has written articles and lectured for Continuing Legal Education Seminars regarding both business and family law.
Mr. Scott is a member of the Allen County and Whitley County Bar Associations and was a member of the Adams County Bar Association (1992 President).
Mr. Scott is an active member of the Fort Wayne and surrounding Communities. He is a member of the Finance Committee for Cantebury School. He is a member of the Waynedale Masonic Lodge and a member and Past Master of Decatur Masonic Lodge. He is a member of both the Scottish (Past TPM) and York Rite Masonic Bodies.
RMSM Foundation, Board Member
Canterbury School, Finance Committee, Member
Indiana Collegiate Baseball League, Board Member (Past Commissioner)
Summit City Slugger’s Travel Baseball, Assistant Coach
Knights of the Red Cross of Constantine
Waynedale Masonic Lodge (Past Secretary)
Decatur Masonic Lodge (Past Master)
Fort Wayne Scottish Rite (Past TPM)
Fort Wayne York Rite
Yeomen of York, Angola Preceptory
Trinity Episcopal Church, (Past Junior and Senior Warden)
Whitley County Camp of Gideon’s
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana
- J.D. - 1988
- Wabash College, Crawfordsville, Indiana
- B.A. - 1985
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- Supreme Court of Indiana
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member, 1988
- Indiana State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Juvenile Law Committee, Chairman
- Allen County Bar Association, Member
- Whitley County Bar Association, Member
- Adams County Bar Association, Member
- Adams County Bar Association, President, 1992 to 1992
- American Inns of Court, The Benjamin Harrison Chapter
Current Employment Position
- Adams County Department of Family and Children Services, General Counsel, 1997 to 2004